Cloud Computing, Create Documents & Spreadsheets Online
You don't need to buy Microsoft Office!
Create necessary documents from scratch or start from a template.
You can easily do all the basics, including making bulleted lists, sorting by columns, adding tables, images, comments, formulas, changing fonts, and more. And it's free.
Upload your existing files.
Google Docs accepts most popular file formats, including DOC, XLS, ODT, ODS, RTF, CSV, PPT, etc. So go ahead and upload your existing files.
Familiar desktop feel makes editing a breeze. Just click the toolbar buttons to bold, underline, indent, change font or number format, change the cell background color, and so on.
Upload & view files – You can upload files and folders from any device.
Convert documents into Google formats – If you want to upload files like Microsoft Word documents, you can change a setting to convert files. Office files converted to Google format will not count against your 15 Gb or Google storage space.
Note: You can only change Google Drive settings from your computer.
- Using a computer, go to drive.google.com/drive/settings.
- Next to "Convert Uploads," check the box.
With Google Spreadsheets, you can easily create, share, and edit spreadsheets online.
- Import and convert .xls, .csv, .txt and .ods formatted data.
- Export .xls, .csv, .txt and .ods formatted data and PDF and HTML files.
- Use formatting and formula editing so you can calculate results and make your data look the way you'd like.
- Embed a spreadsheet, or individual sheets of your spreadsheet, in your blog or website.
- Create and save a spreadsheet
- Upload a spreadsheet
- Edit and format a spreadsheet
- Format numbers, dates, and currencies
- Add formulas to a spreadsheet
- Share your spreadsheet with other people
- Create and edit forms
Using Google Docs
- Get started with Google Docs
- Google Drive Tips You Can't Afford to Miss by PC Magazine – But after almost a decade, Google Drive has come a long way in its maturity. Anyone with a Google account—the kind you have for Gmail or any other Google service—gets instant access to the tools. Businesses, schools, and non-profits have.
- Google Docs Reviews
Sharing Google document
- Now that you've created your Google document, you can share it with your friends, family, or coworkers. You can do this from your Drive or directly from the document editor.
Reasons to use Gmail – Gmail makes email easy and efficient. And maybe even fun.
You can easily do all the basics, including making bulleted lists, sorting by columns, adding tables, images, comments, formulas, changing fonts, and more like sharing. And it's free.
- With Gmail, you aren't tied to one computer to retrieve your email. You can access your Gmail account from any computer that has Internet access – and even your mobile phone! Just go to http://mail.google.com.
- You get lots of space with Gmail. Instead of wasting time deleting old messages – you can ARCHIVE email – which cleans up your inbox but is still searchable if you need it sometime.
- You can use Google SEARCH within Gmail to find the exact message you want – no matter when it was sent or received. Don't sort your mail – SEARCH!
- You don't waste time with junk mail and unwanted messages. If an unsolicited message slips through to your inbox, click on the SPAM button, and the spam filters will catch any further incoming mail from the sender BEFORE it ever reaches your inbox.
- Gmail uses labels to help you organize with more flexibility. A conversation can have several tags, so you're not forced to choose one particular folder for messages. Starring messages is another way you can organize your inbox.
- You can organize your replies into conversations. Within Gmail, each message you sens will be grouped with replies with the same subject. As you receive more responses, the threaded discussion grows and keeps track of it all in chronological order.
- It's FREE!!! Learn more.
A Free Microsoft Office
Microsoft's Office Online service is completely free. It's a web-based version of Office you can use in your web browser. It works with documents stored in your OneDrive (formerly SkyDrive) account, not with files on your computer. Word Online and its siblings are more limited, but they should offer excellent compatibility with Office document formats. Office Online gives you a way to use Microsoft Office for free on any PC, Mac, Linux system, or Chromebook.
Office Online lacks most of Office's features, but most people don't use all those features. It's not all lacking, either — Office Online offers better real-time collaboration features than the desktop version of Office 2013 does.
Unlike all of Microsoft's other Office products, Office Online at office.com is entirely free.
Office Online also won't work when you don't have an Internet connection. If you want to edit documents offline, you'll need the desktop version of Office. Google Docs works offline, but Office Online always requires an Internet connection.
Microsoft's Office Online — the Webified and free versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote — are in the Chrome Web Store. Microsoft has made Office Online available on the Google Chrome Web Store. Office Online has always worked in Chrome. Chrome users can now install Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote Online in the Chrome App Launcher.
Chrome Web Store – Word Online – Create, edit, and share Word documents. Work with others on shared projects in real-time.
Chrome Web Store – Excel Online – Create, edit, and share Excel spreadsheets. Work with others on shared projects in real-time.
Chrome Web Store – PowerPoint Online – Create, edit, and share PowerPoint presentations. Work with others on shared projects in real-time.
Microsoft 365 Family – Share your subscription with up to 5 other people in your family. Includes premium Office apps, 6 TB of cloud storage (1 TB per person), and advanced security for email and files.
An even better deal for Costco members. Microsoft 365 Family 15-Month Subscription (E-Delivery) Member Only price $89.99
Grandparents, this is an excellent gift for your grandchildren.
You can have a copy of Office 365 and five remaining subscriptions to give to your grandkids or anyone you choose. Microsoft Office is the standard in business; being familiar with these tools is essential for young people entering the workforce.
Microsoft 365 Family vs Personal vs Free – By Rudy Mens lazyadmin.nl
In April 2020 Microsoft changed the names of the Office 365 Personal and Home plans to Microsoft 365 Personal and Family. Not only the names are changed, but Microsoft also added new features to the plans while keeping the price the same.