Program Notes for the 5th Week of the Month
Oct 30, 2023, 1 and 7 PM | Join Online Meeting > Optimize Your Computer, E|mail, and WEB Use | Windows 10 has built|in real|time antivirus named Windows Defender. It automatically runs in the background, protecting all Windows users against viruses and other nasties.
How to Secure Your Gmail and Google Account – By Cameron Summerson How-To Geek
Q: How do I see a list of Edge open tabs? There is a Tabs Helper app for Mozilla Firefox. What is the name of such a utility for Edge? Couldn’t find one in the Microsoft Store list of approved apps.
How can I save open tabs in Edge, so I can get them back when I have to close Edge for some reason like doing a laptop re-start for an update? Edge doesn’t seem to have such an automatic offer to restore open tabs; Firefox does. Jay B
A: > 8 Ways to Manage Tabs in Microsoft Edge Browser by webnots
. > To save open tabs in Edge, you can
Right-click on any of your open tabs and choose Add all tabs to favorites from the context menu. Alternatively, you can also press Ctrl+Shift+D. You can save the tabs to the Favorites Bar or you can create a new folder, give it a name, and click on save and a new folder will be created.
. > How to Continue where you left off in Microsoft Edge – By Allan B. Santos softwarekeep.com
Q: Amazon has on sale Microsoft Office 2021 for $39.99. Should I buy it? I know I have an annual subscription that is like 60 bucks per year. Dave
A: I would be cautious about buying these deep-discount deals. Also, the single-install version only works on one device. I suggest an Office 365 subscription. It can be installed on up to five computers on the same Microsoft account. The best deal is the Office 365 Family plan. It gives you licenses for up to six different accounts, each with the ability to install on mutable devices. The Costco deal gives you the Family plan for $15 months at the yearly price.
Q: How do I get my battery to charge to 100% Dave
A: How Can I Limit Battery Charge to 80% on Windows 11 – You may have one of these options turned on.
Tech News & Tip
- How to create Gmail templates – By Hagop Kavafian Android Police
- You Should Delete the Passwords from Your Old Browser – By Andrew Heinzman How-To Geek
- Does a Factory Reset Remove Viruses? – By How-To Geek How-To Geek
- 10 Bad Password Habits You Need to Break – By Joe Fedewa How-To Geek
- How to use your Chromebook’s Dictation tool to save yourself hours of typing – By Michael Perrigo chromeunboxed.com
- It’s Time to Stop Avoiding Updates – By Corbin Davenport How-To Geek
- What Are Android Security Updates, and Why Are They Important? – BY How-to Geek
- How to make a backup with the new Windows Backup app – by digitalcitizen.com
- How to Protect Against Password Dictionary Attacks – By How-To Geek How-To Geek
- How to keep track of different login types with Bitwarden – By bitwarden bitwarden.com
- What Is End-to-End Encryption, and Why Does It Matter? – By Chris Hoffman How-To Geek
- Bluetooth Speaker Won’t Connect? Follow These Steps – By Ismar Hrnjicevic How-To Geek
- How to Take Photos of Space With Your Phone
Deals, Sales & Reviews
- HP Chromebook Plus x360: don’t buy the wrong one – By Robby Payne chromeunboxed.com
- Chromebook Plus models from Acer, HP, ASUS, and Lenovo see first discounts from $269
- Review: Asus Chromebook Plus CX34, at $399, is an excellent everyday laptop – By Kyle Bradshaw 9to5Google