Chrome Remote Desktop App
For Windows or Mac Chrome browser or a Chromebook.
Instructions for running Chrome Remote Desktop App after Chrome Remote Desktop has been installed.
Click this link to launch Chrome Remote Desktop and start app download.
Chrome Remote Desktop allows us to remotely access your computer through Windows or Mac Chrome browser or a Chromebook. Your Computers screen can be made available on a short-term basis for remote support. You can terminate the connection at any time, the Stop Sharing button will end my collection to your computer. All connections are fully secured.
Chrome Remote Desktop is fully cross-platform. Provide remote assistance to Windows, Mac and Linux users, or access your Windows (XP and above) and Mac (OS X 10.6 and above) desktops at any time, all from the Chrome browser on virtually any device, including Chromebooks.
- Use Steps 1 & 2 to install Remote Desktop app for first use. For future uses go directly to steps “A” through “F” Run Chrome Remote Desktop App below.
- 1 – After clicking Chrome Remote Desktop, this screen will load, click the “ADD TO CHROME” button.2
- 2 – Next the Add Chrome Remote Desktop will popup click “Add app” button. This will install Chrome Remote Desktop on your computer, this only needs to be installed the first time we wish to remotely connect. You can keep the app installed for future use.
Run Chrome Remote Desktop App
After Chrome Remote Desktop is installed on your computer using the steps below to run it and permit remote support this time and in the future.
This program will allow us to access your computer remotely to provide assistance.
- A – On the Chromebook computer Click the magnifying glass icon (as shown below, it’s at the lower left corner of your screen) to open the Launcher
- A2 – On Windows or Mac using the Chrome browser find the “Apps” icon (as shown below) on the left side of the Bookmark Bar and click it.
If you can’t find the Apps icon type “chrome://apps” without the quotes in the address bar and press enter.
- B – In the Apps page find Chrome Remote Desktop icon (see below) click to run.
C – This screen appears at first use only, in the Remote Assistance area
click “Get started” button. Note: After first use go directly to Step D.
- D – In the Remote Assistance, section click the green “Share” button.
- E – Click the “Share” button.
- F – You will read the access code to us over the phone to start Remote Assistance.
Note: The Stop Sharing button will end my connection to your computer.