What is a Chromebook?
What is a Chromebook?
A Chromebook is a new type of computer designed to help you get things done faster and easier. Powered by Google's Chrome OS™, and featuring built-in, up-to-date virus protection along with Google apps and services like Gmail™, Google Calendar™, Docs and Google Play™ (plus thousands more in the Chrome Web Store™). Unlike traditional PCs, Chromebooks update themselves automatically for free, so you always have the latest and greatest version, while your stuff stays safe with Google Drive™ online file storage that's automatically backed up. And Chromebooks play nicely with your other devices—your phone, tablet or another computer—so you can stay in sync with your day from wherever you are.
Chromebook Reviews and Recommendations – 2019
- PC Magazine
- LaptopMag part of Tom's Guide
- My Chromebook – HP Chromebook x360 – 14-da0021nr
Specifications I recommend include
- 2 in1 – Laptop convertible to Tablet with touchscreen
- One of the following processors CPU's Intel Celeron or higher-end Intel Core m3-6Y30, Core m5-6Y57 or Intel® Core™ i3
- 4 GB or 8 GB RAM
- 16 GB or 32 GB Storage (SSD)
- Display Resolution 1920 x 1080 or more
Nice things to have
- The ability to run Android apps.
- Backlit keyboard
- Good trackpad
- USB type C
- Switching to a Chromebook? Here’s What You Need to by Know How-T0-Geek
- Chromebook specs & performance comparison chart (2018) by https://zipso.net – Thinking of buying a new Chromebook but not sure which one to choose? Use our comprehensive specs comparison table and buying guide to quickly see the differences between each model, and find the best Chromebook for your needs.
Shop for Chromebook online
- How to print from a Chromebook by digitaltrends.com
- Set up your printer Google help – You can print from your Chromebook using most Wi-Fi printers .
There's no shortage of myths and misconceptions regarding Google's Chrome OS. Most commonly found on a slew of Chromebooks, Chrome OS is more than a glorified browser. Under the hood, it offers file management, standalone apps, access to the Google Play Store and, yes, printing.
- If you're looking for more useful tools for your Chromebook, be sure to check out PCWorld's guide to 12 powerful websites that can replace your desktop software.
- When the web is enough, a Chromebook is enough by Andy Wolber February 6, 2015 techrepublic.com
- 5 powerful things you didn't know Chromebooks could do by Chris Hoffman PCWorld
- 15 Time-Saving Chromebook Tips by omgchrome.com
- How to run Microsoft Office on the Chromebook (for free) YouTube video by C.K. Koay
- How to set up your new Chromebook the right way by PCWorld
- Chromebooks beyond the cloud: Everything Chromebooks can do offline by PCWorld
- Chromebook power tips: How to work smarter online and offline by PCWorld
- What You Need to Know Before Buying a Chromebox by JOEY-ELIJAH SNEDDON omgchrome.com
- How a Chromebook is Locked Down to Protect You by How-To-Geek
CNET.com feature articles on Chromebook
- Here you learn exactly what a Chromebook can do – Whether you own a Chromebook or not, right here is where you start learning how to use it. Article by Eric Franklin August 18, 2014
- What does it mean to 'Powerwash' a Chromebook?
- Three ways to make a Chromebook feel more like a PC
- How to add, manage user accounts on a Chromebook
- How to print from a Chromebook
- How to take a screenshot on a Chromebook