What is a Chromebook?
A Chromebook is a new type of computer designed to help you get things done faster and easier. Powered by Google’s Chrome OS™, and featuring built-in, up-to-date virus protection along with Google apps and services like Gmail™, Google Calendar™, Docs and Google Play™ (plus thousands more in the Chrome Web Store™). Unlike traditional PCs, Chromebooks update themselves automatically for free, so you always have the latest and greatest version, while your stuff stays safe with Google Drive™ online file storage that’s automatically backed up. And Chromebooks play nicely with your other devices—your phone, tablet or another computer—so you can stay in sync with your day from wherever you are.
Chromebook Reviews and Recommendations – 2020
- PC Magazine
- HP Chromebook 15 Review
- My Chromebook – HP Chromebook x360 – 14-da0021nr
Specifications I recommend include
- 2 in1 – Laptop convertible to Tablet with touchscreen
- One of the following processors CPU’s Intel Celeron or higher-end Intel Core m3-6Y30, Core m5-6Y57 or Intel® Core™ i3
- 4 GB or 8 GB RAM
- 16 GB or 32 GB Storage (SSD)
- Display Resolution 1920 x 1080 or more
Nice things to have
- The ability to run Android apps.
- Backlit keyboard
- Good trackpad
- USB type C
- Switching to a Chromebook? Here’s What You Need to know by Know How-T0-Geek
- Chromebook specs & performance comparison chart (2020) by https://zipso.net – Thinking of buying a new Chromebook but not sure which one to choose? Use our comprehensive specs comparison table and buying guide to quickly see the differences between each model, and find the best Chromebook for your needs.
Shop for Chromebook online
Set up Your Chromebooks Printer
You can print from your Chromebook using most printers that connect to Wi-Fi or a wired network. Currently, Chromebooks don’t support Bluetooth printing. Tip: You can also use a USB cable to connect your printer to your Chromebook. When you use a cable, you’ll see a notification. Follow any on-screen instructions. Your printer won’t need to be connected to Wi-Fi if it is directly connected to your Chromebook.
- How to print from Chrome OS without using Google Cloud Print Chrome help page
- Step by Step With Illustrations by DigitalTrends.com
- Tools for your Chromebook – 12 powerful websites that can replace your desktop software.
- How to set up your new Chromebook the right way by PCWorld
- Chromebooks beyond the cloud: Everything Chromebooks can do offline by PCWorld
- Chromebook power tips: How to work smarter online and offline by PCWorld
- 3 Apps I Use Every Day On My Chromebook – By Chrome Unboxed youtube.com
- Chromebooks Explained in Simple Language
- Got A New Chromebook? 10 Things You Need To Know
- The Chromebook Keyboard Shortcuts Cheat Sheet
- Here you learn exactly what a Chromebook can do – Whether you own a Chromebook or not, right here is where you start learning how to use it. Article by Eric Franklin August 18, 2014
- How to print from a Chromebook
- How to take a screenshot on a Chromebook
Recover your Chromebook – When your Chromebook’s operating system (OS) isn’t working properly, you can recover it. Recovery is removing and reinstalling the OS.