Remote Support for Windows & Mac Computers
Android Phones, iPhones, and Tablets
We have implemented a software system/tool to connect to your computer, phone or tablet remotely allowing us to provide remote help installing a program, using an application, fix a problem.
With TeamViewer Quick Support or Chrome Remote Desktop tool, you can allow me to connect to your PC remotely.
Chrome Get Support select Generate Code. It works with the Chrome Browser.
You can set up remote access to your Mac, Windows, or Linux computer. Chrome Remote Desktop allows users to remotely access another computer through Chrome browser or a Chromebook. When you give others remote access to your computer. They’ll have full access to your apps, files, emails, documents, and history.
Set up remote access to your computer
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- First-time using you must run the Chrome Remote Desktop Install extension, only install one time.
- Click the blue "Add To Chrome" button and choose "Add Extension".
- After the first time install just use this Get Support link.
- Under “Get Support,” select Generate Code.
- Note the code and send to the person you want to have access to your computer.
- When that person enters your access code on the site, you will see a dialog with their e-mail address.
- Select "Share" to allow them full access to your computer.
- To end a sharing session, click Stop Sharing.
You may have to enter your computer password to give Chrome Remote Desktop access. You may also be prompted to change security settings in Preferences.
The access code will only work one time. If you are sharing your computer, you will be asked to confirm that you want to continue to share your computer every 30 minutes.
Click this link to start TeamViewer QuickSupport software download.
When the remote link is activated, we can see your computer screen, move your mouse pointer, click on buttons, and even type into windows on your screen. At all times during this process, you can see everything we do and disconnect any time if you choose.
Use the Windows 10 Quick Assist Application on Your PC
- Open the Start menu, by clicking the windows icon and type “Quick Assist” into the search box, and click to launch the "Quick Assist Desktop app" that appears.
- Or, navigate to Start > Windows Accessories > Quick Assist.
- In the “Get Assistance” area enter the code I give you on the phone in the "Code from assistant" box.
- You will then see a confirmation prompt, and you'll have to agree to give me access.
Remote Support for Android Phones, iPhones, and Tablets
Install TeamViewer QuickSupport on your mobile device to enable us to provide you with assistance. TeamViewer QuickSuppor allows us to connect and view your phone or tablet screen.
|iPhone and iPad QuickSupport App|
Connect to iOS for remote support instructions.
TeamViewer 13 Full Version – Correct Operating System Version will Download Automatically
Download the optimized version for your computer and operating system.
Connect to iOS for remote support
Compared to connections to other operating systems like Android, iOS doesn’t allow remotely controlling the device.
Therefore, when connecting to an iOS device, TeamViewer is providing a solution to make support more natural for these devices as it allows for the ability to see the screen of the iOS device live and be thus able to better guide users on solving their device issues themselves.
Please follow these steps to use iOS screen sharing for remote support.
On the iOS device
1. Follow the instructions on the initial setup
- Open up your iOS settings
- Go to Control Center > Customize Control
Open up custom control center settings.
- Add Screen Recording to be displayed in the Control Center
Add Screen Recording to Control Center.
2. Open the QuickSupport app
3. Give your TeamViewer ID to your supporter
4. Confirm the connection request by clicking on Allow or reject the offer by clicking Cancel
5. Open up the Control Center (swipe up the bottom of the screen)
- 3D touch (iPhone S6 and above) or press and hold the screen recording icon
Open the broadcast settings.
- Select TeamViewer 1 and tab Start Broadcasting 2. The screen is now ready to be shared, and you can switch back to the QuickSupport app
On the supporting device
- Open TeamViewer full version on Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, or iOS
- Enter the TeamViewer ID 1 from the iOS device and click Connect to partner 2
- The remote partner will receive a connection prompt.
Prompt for remote support.
- If accepted and after the user activated the screen sharing in his iOS control center, you can see the screen of the device and can guide the iOS user on how to solve issues in the device