Tips to Protect Yourself From SIM Card Swapping
- Don’t reply to calls, emails, or texts requesting personal information.
- Change Your 2FA Method – Stop receiving your 2FA through text messages Use an authenticator app.
- Set Up a PIN with Your Mobile Carrier
- Separate Your Phone Number From Your Accounts
- Beware of Phishing Scams – Delete sketchy emails asking for personal information. Banks and other institutions will never request confidential information via email.
- If you are forced to use a phone number for SMS use a Google Voice Number.
- 3 Reasons to Have a Google Voice Number – By debugger.medium.com
- Hackproof Financial Accounts- Google Voice Number! – By CyberMedics YouTube