Everyone loves saving money, and online shopping makes it easy. Back in the pre-internet age, if you wanted to save a few bucks, you either had to visit several stores to compare prices or spend an entire Sunday afternoon cutting coupons.
Thanks to the internet revolution, saving money shopping online has never been easier. With more retailers setting up shop on the web, all it takes is a click of a button to compare prices and find the best deals. If you know what you’re doing, there are ways to save even more money. Here are some online sites to help you get started.
Wikipedia helps explain what defines "Online Shopping."
- Amazon – One of the largest online stores.
- Amazon Prime – FREE Two-Day shipping on all eligible purchases for $119 yearly. Prime members also enjoy exclusive access to movies and TV shows, ad-free music, unlimited photo storage, and Kindle books.
- Amazon launched the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card, issued by Chase. The big headline is unlimited 5% back on spending at Amazon.com.
- Costco – Membership store
- Target – Accessories, clothing, shoes, electronics, toys…
- Wal-Mart – Just about everything in the store.
- eBay – Buy and Sell
- Sears – The original catalog store.
- Zappos.com – Shoes and more
- Google Flights – Choose your flight from a simple list of results, explore destinations on a map, and find travel dates with the lowest fare with Flight Search.
- Travelocity – Travel booking site
- Craigs List – Craigslist is a classified advertisements website with sections devoted to jobs, housing, personals, for sale, items wanted, services, community, gigs, resumes, and discussion forums. Avoiding Scams
- Payment Method
- Secure Credit Card transactions Pay Pal
Amazon’s Low Prices Are Targeted: Target’s Online Price-Matching Policy Becomes Permanent
Here are some of my favorite online stores and resources.
- Car Buying/Selling Technology
- Online Inventory – Many dealerships now provide you with an intensive look at both their stock and prices online. Search for your favorite local dealer; most have inventory listed.
- Car Accident Reports – Websites like CarFax allow you to pull up the vehicle’s crash report and history.
- Car Value Reports – Kelley Blue Book allows auto owners to establish the value and selling price of their car.
- Sell Your Used Car – Copart Direct is the easy way to sell your vehicle. Get an instant offer for your used car today and have cash tomorrow. Copart Direct will even pick your car up …
- Comparable Pricing – Auto dealers can list their inventory and prices online, creating accessibility to the consumer.
- Groupon Deals for Local Adventures, discounts and fun activities in your city with Groupon. Check out daily deals for restaurants, spas, things to do, massages, hair salons, hotels – and now you can find local pizza deals on our pizza near me page.
- The Abacus Private Store specializes in remanufactured and OEM printer inkjet and toner cartridges, Cables & Adapters, and Memory Cards. Accessories for MP3 Players, Cell Phones, Camcorders, HDTV's. & GPS.
- Why Our Prices are the Best MonoPrice.com eliminates high costs for fancy packaging and intermediaries. Also, we can purchase in large volume. You as a customer just pay for the quality of the cables and accessories.
- DigitalCameraInfo.com A picture’s worth a thousand words… but there are hundreds of digital cameras out there, and you need only one. How do you pick? DigitalCameraInfo.com features free, fun, and unbiased reviews to help people decide which digital camera would be best for them.
- Hard Cover Album – An album should cost you less than $50. These are lovely books; you'll be proud to display them. Three sites where you can create albums are Snapfish online photo service
Some practice Google shopping search terms to try:
- wireless rain gage
- brother home office printer
- waffle maker
- oriental rugs