Program Notes for the 4th week of the Month
Sept 26, 2022, 1 and 7 PM | Join Online Meeting > Secure Your Digital Life – Protect your critical online services like banks, credit unions, email accounts, social networks, and shopping sites, each with a unique and robust password. Using two-factor authentication, along with a strong password, is your best protection from online hackers.
5 Reasons to Enable the Guest Network on Your Wi-Fi Router – By How-To Geek How-To Geek
Use a Wi-Fi Guest Network? Check These Settings – By How-To Geek How-To Geek
Q: My questions are related to my new phone.
1. How do I delete an app icon from my phone’s main start screen?
2. What is the “Deep Cleaner app,” and how do I use it?
A: I do not recommend any antivirus or cleaner-type apps. Glenn
>> I got a message on my phone under ‘Deep Cleaner’ “The current CPU temperature is too high” and gave me a choice of ‘Cool Down’ or ‘No.’
>>Also got a message “Found 5.4 GB garbage is slowing down your phone, do you need to speed up before quitting?” and gives me a choice of ‘Deal Now’ or ‘later.’ Anthony — Morris VII
– How to recognize scams like the Cleaner Update pop-up scam? Also Known As Cleaner Update pop-up – Type: Phishing/Scam
Q: I have a Chromebook, is there a way to turn the volume up higher on it? Can you recommend an audio amplifier app? Mark Bainbridge
A: Adjust the volume on your Chromebook – 7 Useful Ways to Control YouTube Video Volume
I suggest a low-cost battery-powered portable Bluetooth speaker. Amazon — Monoprice. Note: Smart speakers “Echo Dot” and “Nest Mini” both allow connection via Bluetooth.
Tech News & Tip
- Does a Factory Reset Remove Viruses? – By How-To Geek How-To Geek
- Google Messages ‘Swipe Actions’: What they are, and how to change them – By Andrew Romero 9to5Google
- You’re Selecting Text With Your Mouse Wrong – By How-To Geek How-To Geek
- How to Dial an Extension on iPhone and Android – By How-To Geek How-To Geek
- Your smartphone camera has great hidden features—here’s how to find them – By Jeff Carlson Popular Science
- How to Share a Google Calendar – By How-To Geek How-To Geek
- Labels in Google Maps: How to save and organize your favorite places – By Andrew Romero 9to5Google
- The Best Laptops of 2021 for Work, Play, and Everything In Between – By Chris Hoffman How-To Geek
- How to Import Data With Google Sheets Functions – By How-To Geek How-To Geek
- How to Rotate Text in Google Docs – By How-To Geek How-To Geek
- How to Make Your Keyboard Light Up – By How-To Geek How-To Geek
- Should You Bother With an Email Signature? – By How-To Geek How-To Geek
Deals & Sales
- Chromecast with Google TV (HD) goes official for $29.99 with 1080p, HDR, 8GB storage – By Ben Schoon 9to5Google
- How Can I Make the Text on My Screen Larger? – By Ask Leo! YouTube
- How to Install and Use Google Drive for Desktop – By Teacher’s Tech YouTube
- What is Smishing? – By Ask Leo! YouTube
- I Got a Pop-Up Virus Warning — Is My Computer Infected? – By Ask Leo! YouTube
- How to Make Google Forms Look Amazing! – By Simpletivity YouTube