WordPress 3.0 Multisites on Godaddy Hosting
WordPress® 3.0 offers a new feature called Multisite that lets you host multiple WordPress blogs with one WordPress installation on Godaddy. Enabling this feature is not recommend, unless you are comfortable editing your wp-config.php file.
NOTE: You must have WordPress 3.0 or higher to enable Multisite.
To Enable Multisites
To enable the Network menu item, you must first define multisite in the wp-config.php file.
- Log in to your GoDaddy Account Manager.
- From the Products section, click Web Hosting.
- Next to the hosting account you want to use, click Launch.
- From the Content menu, select File Manager.
- Under Filename click the wp-config.php file, and then click Edit to.
- Open up wp-config.php and add this line.
Above where it says. /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */:
You can now use Multisite from your WordPress installation.
To Set Up Multisite in WordPress
1. Log in to your WordPress admin control panel.
2. From the Tools menu, click Network.
NOTE: If you do not have the Network menu, log out of WordPress, and then log back in. If you still do not see the menu, complete the steps in To Enable Multisite again.
3. From the Addresses of Sites in your Network section, select Sub-directories.
NOTE: You cannot use Subdomains with our GoDaddy hosting.
4. Enter a Network Title and Admin E-Mail Address, and then click Install.
5. Complete the instructions from the Enabling the Network section.
NOTE: You should backups of your existing wp-config.php and .htaccess files.
When you log back in to WordPress, you can add new WordPress blogs in the Super Admin section.