How can I print mailing labels from my Gmail contacts?
This work for anyone who wants to go completely online. Avery has an online mail merge program. I just merged my google contacts after exporting them to my computer as a csv. Then I went to Avery Design & Print Online Pick which Avery labels to use, pick a template, import, merge, design with pictures, and print to a pdf file. Download the pdf file and print.
My Christmas list uses a nonstandard name field for recipients. Some are addressed (Mrs & Mr John Smith some to the Smith Family. I used a custom field in Google contacts with whatever form the name line should be printed.
- In Google contacts export the group of contacts using Google CSV format (for importing into a Google account).
- Go to Avery Design & Print Online
- Choose the appropriate Avery label.
- Select a design I chose a simple.
City State Zip Code
- Select the text box
- At the left menu choose Import Data (Mail Merge)
- Click Start Mail Merge button
- Select the previously exported Google CSV file from your computer.
- Un-check the Header Row then click Next
- Insert label information.
Custom Field 1 – Value
Address 1 – Street
Address 1 – City , Address 1 – Region Address 1 – Postal Code
- Click Merge
- Click Preview and Print