Program Notes for the 3rd week of the Month
May 16, 2022, at 1 and 7 PM | Join Online Meeting. > The Gadget Gurus, we have no prerequisites. Just ask questions about previous topics. I will also review the current tech news. We will do our best to answer computers, smartphones, apps, cameras, tablets, and internet questions. So bring your tech issues and enjoy the meeting.
Keep Your Passwords Strong and Secure With These 9 Rules – By See full CNET
Q: There is a Google opt-out add-on that others might want to know about.
Facebook and Linked-in also have these. https://www.facebook.com/help/568137493302217
You cannot opt-out of seeing ads altogether without the use of an ad blocker plugin. Jay Beckerma
Q: I just watched a video of a guy who lost 700,000.00 from a sim spoof. Can you please talk about the yubi key again. How difficult is it to set up? The youtube video is called SIM Card Fraud Warning from WFLA 8. Mark Bainbridge
A: Google USB-C/NFC Titan Security Key Review – What is a USB security key, and how do you use it? – You’re probably doing 2FA wrong: Here’s the right way – Multi-Factor Authentication: Who Has It and How to Set It Up
Q: Can we go over the Bitwarden settings again. I just got my 2fA working using Authy with Bitwarden. I tried it out and it works. I have the back up code also. Mark Bainbridge
A: The best password managers in 2022 – Bitwarden password manager review – This page has setup instructions.
- Home Screen Shortcuts Are the Best Android Feature You’re Not Using – By How-To Geek How-To Geek
- Using Wi-Fi for Everything? Here’s Why You Shouldn’t – By How-To Geek How-To Geek
- Chrome OS 101: Dark boot screen added, new Launcher starts appearing, more – By Abner Li 9to5Google
- Google, Apple, and Microsoft are working together to deploy passwordless sign-in – ByAndroid Authority
- Cheap phone plans compared: 8 affordable alternatives to Verizon, T-Mobile and AT&T – By Rick Broida Dave Johnson CNET
Tech News, & Tips
- Keep Your Passwords Strong and Secure With These 9 Rules – By See full CNET
- What Is a Mesh Router Backhaul? – By How-To Geek How-To Geek
- What Is 5G, and How Fast Will It Be? – By Chris Hoffman How-To Geek
- 5 Reasons You Should Switch to Google Phone on Android – By How-To Geek How-To Geek