Streaming Video Your Best TV Entertainment Value
Streaming video is content sent in compressed form over the Internet and displayed by the viewer in real time. With streaming video or streaming media, a Web user does not have to wait to download a file to play it. Instead, the media is sent in a continuous stream of data and is played as it arrives. The user needs a player, which is a special program that uncompressed and sends video data to the display and audio data to speakers. A player can be either an integral part of a browser, a set top box or built into a Smart TV.
Subscription streaming services:
How does Netflix work? Unlimited Movies & TV episodes
You can watch instantly from any Internet-connected device that offers a Netflix app, such as a computer, Roku, DVD or Blu-ray player, HDTV, set-top box, home theater system, phone or tablet. These devices are manufactured and sold by device manufacturers. For a more detailed list of devices, see the Netflix-ready Devices page.
For only $7.99 a month, Netflix let's you instantly watch unlimited movies & TV episodes streaming over the Internet.
Amazon Instant Video is available through your computer's web browser as well as hundreds of streaming media devices–including TVs, Roku, Blu-ray players, game consoles, and Android and iOS mobile devices. To learn more, go to Get Amazon Instant Video.
Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that offers hundreds of thousands of hours of the best of the best television programming and movies to subscribers with limited commercials for $7.99 per month or with no commercials for $11.99 per month. SHOWTIME® available for an additional $8.99/month.
Streaming services with live TV options
PlayStation Vue has most of the features and channels you get from your cable or satellite TV provider, without hidden fees or contracts. Its cloud DVR lets you record, pause and rewind live TV, and fast-forward through commercials on recorded shows. Local ABC, CBS, Fox and NBC channels are available in seven US cities, and… PlayStation View revue
Streaming video services can be accessed in many ways.
- You can watch instantly via your Xbox 360, PS3, Wii or any other device that streams instantly from Netflix, Amazon Prime… You can also watch instantly on your computer.
- Most Smart TVs have Netflix and Amazon already on them—ready for you to watch. There’s no need to add another device. Look for smart TVs with the Netflix Recommended TV logo.
- Roku $50 to $129 I like the Roku Premiere+ – The original, best-selling streaming player. With Roku, it’s a snap to enjoy the best movies and TV shows, live sports, music, games and more – all instantly on your TV, whenever you want it. Roku What's On:
- No PC needed – Roku connects easily to your TV and wireless (Wi-Fi) network at home. Be up and streaming in minutes. With the simple remote, you choose what you want to watch, and it starts instantly. It’s even more convenient than watching a DVD.
- I personally recommend the Roku Premiere+ it has many advanced features.
- Chromecast? – Chromecast is a thumb-sized media streaming device that plugs into the HDMI port on your TV. Simply use an Android phone, tablet, iPhone®, iPad®, Mac® or Windows® laptop, or Chromebook to cast your favorite entertainment and apps right to the big screen. Chromecast Help
- With Chromecast, you can easily enjoy your favorite movies, TV shows, photos, and websites from YouTube, Google Play, Chrome and more on your TV.
- Chromecast works with devices you already own, including Android smartphones and tablets, iPhones and iPads, Windows and Mac laptops, and Chromebook Pixel. And there's no remote required! Browse for entertainment, control playback, and adjust volume using the smartphone, tablet, or laptop you know and love.
Some streaming service channel lineups
|PlayStation Vue Channels|
- THE CORD CUTTER – CALCULATE WHAT IT WOULD COST TO GET ALL OF YOUR TV ONLINE
- Streaming Devices Guide — How To Choose The Right One For You
- YouTube TV vs DirecTV Now vs Sling TV vs PlayStation Vue: Face-Off!
- Sony PlayStation Vue review:
- Hulu Tips for Streaming TV Fans
- Which Video Streaming Service Is Best for You?
- The Best Media Streaming Devices for Your TV
Getting The Most For Your Money – Monoprice is a premier manufacturer of high quality cables, components and accessories for computer and consumer electronics. It’s not just about getting a great price. There’s no sense in buying a product that doesn’t perform or won’t last. Quality is a high priority at Monoprice. In addition to the comprehensive testing that is done at the factory level, they have a local product testing lab.
- 28AWG HDMI High Speed Certified Male to Male Cables
- 10ft 28AWG High Speed HDMI Cable w/Ferrite Cores – Black