WILL BE CELEBRATING THEIR 150TH ANNIVERSARY
This is an opportunity for everyone to join in for this Celebration. Events for all ages will be available. We will talk about our history and see how it has influenced us today as we celebrate with the planned activities. We’ll also have a chance to reminisce about the “good ole days” when baseball games, bands, and riding a trolley to swim at Elm Beach were the high points for entertainment. Come and join us; this Celebration is for everyone!
BIG EVENT- DON’T MISS MANCHESTER HISTORY RETOLD!
JUNE 22nd – Manchester History Retold – Union Fire Company
- Jim McClure – 10:00AM – Manchester History – Mr. McClure is a former York Daily Record Editor, USA Today Editor, and frequent historical contributor and speaker.
- Lunch – 11:30 – 1:00PM A video will be shown of the Musser Family.
- Story Tellers – 1:00 PM – Our old timers will have an opportunity to reminisce with wonderful stories. Join Clair Good, Jay Rentzel, and Dane Hale. What would you like to know?
- Scott Mingus – 7:00PM – Mr. Mingus is the author of books written about the Civil War including our area of Pennsylvania, east of Gettysburg. He will fill us in about the time the Confederate Calvary came to Manchester and Mt Wolf in 1863.
JULY 27th – Remember When?
- Walking Tour 10Am-1:00PM +– Come and walk the old streets where the “baker, butcher, and maybe a candle stick maker’s” shops were located and—perhaps one of your relatives! Maps will help you find your way around. Also, a van will be provided to ride the route.
- Baseball Game – 1:00 PM. Manchester Athletic Association Stadium – The Manchester Indians will be playing Stoverstown. This was, and still is, great entertainment for the community!
- Manchester Community Park – 1:00-4PM – Fun for the kids. A variety of games will be available for all.
- Bobcat Creamery – 4PM-8 PM+ Cruise in Night with vintage cars; Classic and Antique Cars Display; a movie will round off the day.
AUGUST 10th – History of the Northeastern School District – 7-8:00 PM NEHS Auditorium
- A slide presentation and discussion of the one room school houses in our northeastern area and the development of our school district will be presented by Charles Stambaugh. Alumni, and students of all ages are invited!
- An Alumni Band will also perform and bring back memories! Mr. Mackley will conduct the Band. Those interested in participating, please contact him at mackleyjnebobcats.com.
AUGUST 24th – Our Celebration!
- Historical Showcase/museum – 10:00AM- 6PM – Old memorable items and photos will be displayed.
Vendor tables will also be available. – Union Fire Hall
- Events/Activities – 10:00AM – 6PM – Community Park. Food, games, entertainment!
o Cordier Auctions, Appraisal Clinic for up to three “antique” items. – 1PM-3PM
o Entertainment /music – A variety of groups will perform for all ages, including activities.
o Vendors – Food and miscellaneous attractions.
- Commemorative Anniversary Celebration – Speakers – 6:00 PM – MAA Stadium. NESD Marching Band will perform – Tim Howell, director.
AUGUST 25 (Rain Date) Community Church Service will be scheduled; Museum open 1-5PM
WATCH FOR UPDATED INFORMATION on the digital sign, borough web site, www.neychip.com , and signing.