Setup Google Cloud Print
How to create a Google account
In order to use Google Cloud Print, you must have a Google account (this is usually your Gmail account and password) and sign in to your account.
If you do not have an account, use a computer or mobile device to access the Google website (https://accounts.google.com/signup) and create an account.
If you already have a Google account, there is no need to create an additional account. Continue with the next procedure, How to register your machine with Google Cloud Print.
You must register your machine with Google Cloud Print using Web Based Management (web browser). A standard web browser can be used to manage your machine using the Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP).
NOTE: There is no limit on the number of printers you can register with Google Cloud Print.
- Before you begin to register your machine, confirm that the correct time and date are set on the control panel of the machine. See the Quick Setup Guide included with your machine for instructions on setting the correct time and date.
- Confirm that the machine is connected to the same network as the computer or mobile device.
- Open the web browser on your computer or mobile device.
- Type "http://machine's IP address!" into your browser's address bar (where "machine's IP address" is your machine's IP address).
For example: http://192.168.1.2/
NOTE: You can see your machine's IP address in the Network menu on the control panel of your machine. For more information, see your Brother machine's Software and Network User's Guide (or Network User's Guide, depending on your model).
Setup pages from other printer manufacturers.
- Brother Printer Google Cloud Print Setup
- Canon PIXMA Printer Google Cloud Print Setup
- HP Printers – Using Google Cloud Print with Your HP Printer
- Lexmark How to Configure Google Cloud Print
Connect a cloud-ready printer (2.0)
- On your computer, open Chrome .
- Type chrome://devices and press Enter.
- Under "New devices," find your printer.
- Next to your printer, click Manage.
- In the "Confirm registration" box that appears, click Register.
- On your printer screen, follow the steps to finish registering. You might have to press a button that says Register or OK.
- To check if your printer is registered, on your computer, go to google.com/cloudprint and click Printers.
Connect a cloud-ready printer (1.0)
- On your computer, open the Cloud-ready printers page.
- Click your printer manufacturer.
- At the bottom of the section, click the link to go to your manufacturer’s help website.
- Follow your manufacturer’s steps to set up your printer.
How to Print from a Chromebook by How-To Geek
While many of us have strived to move into an all digital world, printing is still a necessary evil for most people. If you’re a Chromebook user, printing can be a bit of a pain, but thanks to some recent changes by Google, it just got a little bit more convenient. Click Here to Continue Reading