What is a LAN? Local Area Network Explained in Plain English – By David Clinton freecodecamp.org
A local area network (LAN) is really nothing more than a structure for organizing and protecting network communications for all the devices running within a single home or office.
Android Sound Amplifier now works w/ Bluetooth headphones – By Ben Schoon 9to5google.com
In early 2019, Google introduced a powerful new accessibility tool for Android devices with Sound Amplifier. Now, over a year later, Google is finally giving Android users the ability to use Sound Amplifier with a pair of Bluetooth headphones.
Stop shouting at Google Home. Adjust this setting instead – By Dale Smith cnet.com
Has Google Home ever left you hanging? Like, you summon Google Assistant ("Hey," or "OK, Google") then wait. And wait. But all you get is a big fat nothing out of your Google Home? If it has, you can quit shouting about it now, because Google released a fix that also solves the opposite problem — when your Google Home in the other room perks up every time you say something that sounds even remotely like its wake words, aka "toaster strudel."
What Is YouTube Premium, and Is It Worth It? – By Vann Vicente howtogeek.com
YouTube Premium is a monthly subscription service that promises to improve your viewing experience on the internet’s largest video platform. Here’s what you get for your money, so you can decide whether it’s worth it.
If you enjoy YouTube as much as I do consider YouTube Premium.
- YouTube Premium streaming review: Price and features by finder.com
Unlimited use of ad-free service Including YouTube originals, downloads and offline sharing along with a complimentary YouTube Music subscription
- Individual $11.99 a month
- Family $17.99 a month – Extends Individual benefits to up to 5 other family members ages 13 or older
Here are some of my favorite YouTube channels.
- Just Have a Think – This channel seeks to understand the issues that face our civilisation in the 21st Century and focusses on the potential solutions that will save as many lives as possible and hopefully bring about a greater level of equality in the world.
- Dr. John Campbell – My name is John Campbell and I am a retired Nurse Teacher and A and E nurse based in England. I also do some teaching in Asia and Africa when time permits. These videos are to help students to learn the background to all forms of health care.
- Periodic Video – Your ultimate channel for all things chemistry. A video about each element on the periodic table. And we upload new videos every week about science news, interesting molecules and other stuff from the world of chemistry.
- Ask A Mortician – Mortician in Los Angeles. You got death questions, we got death answers.
- SciShow – SciShow explores the unexpected. Seven days a week, Hank Green, Michael Aranda, and Olivia Gordon delve into the scientific subjects that defy our expectations and make us even more curious! –
- Technology Connextras
- Physics Girl – Physics Girl is a YouTube channel created by Dianna Cowern that adventures into the physical sciences with experiments, demonstrations, and cool new discoveries. Physics Girl has videos for every atom and eve.
- Mentour Pilot – On my channel I will give you my point of view from inside the airline industry! Everything from descriptions of procedures to hints about how to access the industry will be covered.
- dottotech – After spending over 15 years hosting and producing Dotto Tech on TV (Canada) We are now focusing on delivering excellent how-to content on YouTube.
- Illinois EnergyProf – Professor David Ruzic Abel Bliss – Professor of Engineering Department of Nuclear, Plasma, and Radiological Engineering – University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- blancolirio – This channel is about stuff I'm interested in, and you will be too.
- SciShow Space – Every Tuesday and Friday, SciShow Space explores the universe a few minutes at a time.
- Scott Manley – Scott Manley is someone who fell into youtube because he felt a deep compelling need to teach people orbital mechanics and rocket science so they could play Kerbal Space Program, now, years later the gaming videos are less important and the pure science is the main thrust. My degrees are all in Physics and Astronomy.
- The History Guy: History Deserves to Be Remembered – If you love history, this is the channel for you! Stories of forgotten history, all between five and fifteen minutes long.
Google Home and Google Assistant New Features, Products, and Updates! And a New App! – By Automate Your Life youtube.com VIDEO
Google Home and Google Assistant New Features, Products, and Updates! And a New App!
I have all of the latest Google Home, Google Nest, and Google Assistant updates, features, and products for you today on the channel. We also have a brand new Google Home application to walk through, and there's a ton to talk about with the new Nest Aware subscription plan.
Cord-cutting myths busted: Why you should stop worrying and dump cable – By Michael Simon techhive.com
While your gas, car insurance, and credit card bills have all shrunk due to the coronavirus quarantine, there’s one monthly payment that’s as big as it ever was: your cable bill. And it’s not about to go down anytime soon, even with reruns likely to stretch into the winter. So if you’re starting to explore your options for cutting cable once and for all, we’re here to dispel a few myths that might be giving you pause.
How to Watch Local Channels Without Cable – By clark.com
If you’ve cut the cord or are thinking about it to save money during the coronavirus pandemic, you may be wondering how you’ll be able to watch your local channels without cable.
In this article, I’ll share the best free and cheap ways that cord-cutters can watch broadcast TV.
Deal Alert: Get 6 Months of Complete Motion Capture When You Buy 2 Wyze Cams – By Josh Hendrickson reviewgeek.com
Wyze Cams are good inexpensive cameras that won’t break the budget. For about $25, you get a simple camera that streams, records, and even gives you free cloud access. But, without a subscription, you get a 12-second record time limit to the cloud. Right now, if you buy two Wyze Cams from Home Depot (in-store and online), they’ll come with six free months of Complete Motion Capture.
If you prefer
The Best Smart Switches and Dimmers to Bring Brains to Dumb Bulbs – By Andrew Heinzman reviewgeek.com
Most people begin their smart home journey with a set of smart bulbs. But at $15 to $20 a pop, smart bulbs might be more trouble than they’re worth . Smart switches and dimmers are much cheaper options that can provide the same smart controls, scheduling features, and dimming effects as a set of expensive bulbs.
Wyze Releases Webcam Firmware for Its Cameras, a Thermometer, and More – By Josh Hendrickson reviewgeek.com
Right now, more people are working from home than ever. Because of increased called for virtual conference calls, webcams are now a hot commodity and hard to find in stock. Wyze wants to help, so it released firmware to turn your Wyze Cam into a webcam for free. It’s also offering a free month of complete-motion-capture. And it’s selling thermometers. And more.
9 Ways To Keep Hackers Out Of Your Smart Home Devices – By Emily Shwake buzzfeed.com
Smart home devices make our lives way easier, but they also open us up to creepy kinds of cyber hacks.
The best indoor home security cameras of 2020 – By Megan Wollerton cnet.com
From smart doorbells to outdoor cameras and models with facial recognition, there are a ton of home security camera options out there. Indoor security cameras keep watch when you aren't home, looking after your valuables — or simply monitoring a mischievous pet.
This Wyze Starter Kit Is the Easiest Way to Begin Your Smart Home Adventure – By Andrew Heinzman reviewgeek.com
The world of smart homes often feels like a confusing walled garden. But with the Wyze Smart Home Starter Pack, everything is cheap and simple. For just $100, you get eight smart home products that are easy to set up and offer a straightforward path toward smart routines and home automation.
The Best Smart Plugs to Amp Up Your Dumb Devices – By Andrew Heinzman reviewgeek.com
Smart devices are replacing our light bulbs, speakers, and even our deadbolts. Still, most of the electronics in our house run without any real brains. If you want to control these dumb devices through voice controls, an app, or a schedule, then a smart plug will do the trick.
What’s the Difference Between Programmable, Smart, and Learning Thermostats? – By Andrew Heinzman reviewgeek.com
People rarely spend their free time reading about thermostats. So, when its time to actually buy one, words like “programmable,” “smart,” and “learning” can be a little confusing. What do these words actually mean, and what kind of thermostat should you buy?