Low Cost Wireless Provider
Ting is a new mobile phone service that caters to people tired of dealing with complicated billing plans from carriers like AT&T or Verizon. Their slogan is ‘Mobile That Makes Sense’.
- Why Ting?
- Monthly Plans
- Devices ( The LG Optimus Elite is a nice entry level smart phone.)
- Ting service is provided on the Nationwide Sprint Network.
I have been using this service for a while. The service worked everywhere on our driving trip form Florida to Pennsylvania and our recent visit to Portland Oregon.
Ting is our cell provider, Barbara and I each have a smart phone. We usually use 1000 minutes, 100 text messages, and 500 Mb of data a month. The lower costs months are when we used less than 100 Mb data. Here are recent bills including taxes for two smart phones.
- Great rates.
- No overage penalties.
- Credits on light months.
- Multiple devices on one plan.
- No fees or limits on usage.
- Freebies at Ting currently include:
- picture/video messaging
- call forwarding
- three-way calling
- number porting (in or out)
- and, of course, account cancellation.
- No contracts.
- Moms ride free.
- 4G devices.
- Geek-powered support.
- No hold customer support.
- Clear, graphic updates on your usage.
How much data do you use? – Use the calculator to get an idea of which plan fits your lifestyle the best.